Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sweet cards and a Sweet Surprise



Hi everyone! 
I have two sweet cards to share today that feature one of my favorite quotes by Julia Child. Regina Easter, owner of The Cutting Cafe Shop, designed a custom stamp set for me - Mixin' Up Memories. It's full of baking images, sentiments and this quote plus it also comes with a cutting file for the baking images. September and October are full of "birth"days in our family and we just had a very special "birth"day recently. Our grandson, Tristan Asher, arrived on September 10th at 10:53 pm. He was due on the 13th but like his dad he made an early appearance. When we got the call he was on the way we dropped everything and headed to the hospital. Needless to say we're all smitten with this little one and I am now an official member of the "Mimi" club. So excited!!!


There aren't words that can express how I feel in this picture. 
Mimi loves you Asher, Mom and Dad too!


While I could go on and on about this new little bundle of joy I better get back to sharing my cards. I created them super fast by using Hero Arts card bases, a chocolat collage sheet and the Mixin' Up Memories stamp set. Here's a close up of the above card.


Julia was right, "A party without cake is just a meeting."


Here's my second card using the same quote and another image from the collage sheet.


I love the sweet images from this collage sheet but I'm afraid it has been retired. However if you like these you may also like some that are similar, which you can find here. I added small gemstones and pink organza ribbon to both cards as finishing touches. 


After stamping the quote twice in Sepia Archival ink I hand cut two banners and added one to each card. I love these sweet cards and they were a breeze to create. 


Thanks for the visit today! I've been a bit scarce around here as I am a wee bit preoccupied these days. ;) Have a great weekend everyone and do stop by The Cutting Cafe Shop to see this stamp set plus the other crafting goodies Regina offers in her shop.  

Hugs,
Lisa



5 comments:

newbie85 said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your precious grandson!!!! Blessings to you and all the family!!!!

Paper Profusion said...

Congratulations 'Mimi' - what a gorgeous, darling boy. Great quote and your cards are very sweet and pretty. Cherish all these lovely moments! Nicola x

Regina Easter said...

Awe CONGRATS again Lisa....so precious and I am in love with the two cards...super sweet

Lisa said...

These are so sweet and beautiful! Love that sentiment! It's so true! Love those images too...perfect!

Lisa said...

And oh yes! Congratulations!! So awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...