Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Fun with Clear Cardstock at The Cutting Cafe



I have a confession!

In the six years that I've been paper crafting this is my first time to use clear cardstock however it won't be the last. I love my clear box which was cut using a file - Square Box with Front Window - from The Cutting Cafe and my Silhouette Cameo. Initially I was concerned about my machine cutting too deep for this cardstock but it's sturdy and held up exceptionally well. I love this stuff!!! While the cutting file came from The Cutting Cafe the clear cardstock (and other wonderful craft supplies) can be found at The Cutting Cafe Shop


The Cutting Cafe


For this project I used two 12 x 12 sheets of clear cardstock to cut the top and bottom of my box. I cut on the solid lines and fold on the dash lines. It came together in a snap and I used double stick tape to attach the corners. It's filled with used wine corks that I collect from restaurants for my crafty friend who makes her own birdhouses. She decorates the exterior with wine corks and sells them to a local shop. Instead of dropping these off in a bag, as I usually do, I thought she might enjoy receiving them in this sweet little box. She'll know immediately what's in it and I think she'll love it. Regina also offers 8.5 x 11 sheets of clear cardstock and you'll find those here


grab button for The Cutting Cafe Shop Blog


Be sure to check out all of the new products - acrylic stamps, paper pads, embellishments, kits - at The Cutting Cafe Shop. For more inspiration visit The Cutting Cafe's blog April 21st {tomorrow} to see the amazing projects my design teamies created using clear cardstock. It's sure to get your creative juices flowing!

Have fun crafting,
Lisa xx

9 comments:

Regina Easter said...

i am soooooooooooooooooo HAPPY YOU DID A CLEAR BOX....this is sooo pretty...love love how the goodies look in the clear box...you rock

Regina Easter said...

oh yeah and that ribbon....yummy

Mitralee said...

oh my! this is delish! You are a rock star friend!

Sue Lelli said...

What a cool product! FAB clear box and pretty ribbon! Your friend will LOVE this!

Migdalia said...

Very creative!!Fabulous!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Sandy said...

I am more than delighted to have found you - my only regret is that you do not have one of those email subscriby things on your blog! I ordered two packs of the clear card stock from Regina last night. I think I am rally going to like it!
Sandy xx

Pia S said...

A clear box and colorful ribbon. Surprising to see what little is needed to make something so beautiful and different,,,

Words and Pictures said...

Clear card stock... oh, no - another temptation! This is so cool!
Alison x

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

This is a very nice way to gift something that is a multiple. Why you can even decorate this way. Nice use of the clear cardstock.
(Cutting Cafe D-Team Member)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...