Thursday, January 28, 2016

Outgoing Pocket Letters



Hello! I found myself up most of the night with insomnia again and decided to post my outgoing pocket letters for January. Not as many this month due to real life but nevertheless I wanted to share them before February rolls around. This pocket letter was created for my pal in India and it's our second swap. The theme was winter wonderland and I hope she likes it.


The deer cut outs are by Recollections and so are the snowflakes to his left. I layered three together for dimension. 

This time a silver deer from the same pack of cut outs and more layered snowflakes. The white snowflake stickers are by Recollections as well.

Love the pretty Prima bling on the spine and I know she'll find a good use for it. I also used clear word stickers by Mambi which you can see on the top left pocket. The camera didn't pick up the glitter effect on the paper but it sparkles like snow which I thought was neat.


Next up is a snowman themed pocket letter that went to a new pal in Idaho. I was already in the blingy sparkly mode...yes I know that might not be grammatically correct but I've been up all night, literally, and I'm going with it. 

Everything is on the outside on this pl and I used a deeper shade of blue glitter paper which also sparkles. The "Let It Snow" is a 3D dimensional sticker from Jolee's Boutique while the remaining bling-snow couple, snowflake and mini snowflakes are all by Recollections. I added silver washi tape and three bows tied with snowflake ribbon.

Last but not least is a pocket letter (first one actually) that was created from recycled Christmas cards. It went to my pal in Illinois and I'm so glad she suggested the swap. 



I fussy cut one of the poinsettias and added it to this pocket then stamped a greeting from Lawn Fawn on it.

This is another single pocket and I cut this house out from a winter scene. Love the kids playing in the snow!

This guy provides a rest stop for every bird around and looks like he made friends with this sweet fawn. I placed a clear Mambi sticker that says jolly on this pocket.

For the rest of the remaining pockets I chose to do a scene from cards that were large enough to do so. I fussy cut a snowman (on right) and glued him in place and on the outer pocket I added a dimensional stamp with lanterns.

Love this little boy pulling his sled in the snow and looking up at the star. I fussy cut a greeting and placed it on the outside of the pockets.

Love the night scene on this card and decided to add gemstones to mimic stars. Finished it off with a clear sticker from Mambi. 


Those are my outgoing letters for January. I've had to curtail some of my activity over at Pocket Letter Pals but it was fun to create these and I think all three were made in the middle of the night. I seriously need to get some sleep...no joke.


Have a great weekend, wherever you are and thanks for the visit today. I have so much catching up to do in the blog world but know that when I can I'll be by for a visit. Oh and please look over any grammar errors...spell check is on the fritz and I'm too tired to edit. ;) Just realized it's nearly 7 am...off to make coffee now.

Hugs,
Lisa 



4 comments:

Candy C said...

Lisa, these are so different and so pretty. Your swap pals will love them. I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping but you used your awake time wisely and we all get to see your wonderful art because of that!

Julia Aston said...

What lovely pocket pages Lisa! love the colors on the first winter one - and what a great idea to recycle your Christmas cards! Julia xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Lisa - what a lot of wintry treats... that first one with the lovely icy neutral tones and beautiful deer is probably my favourite, but they're all so carefully thought out and brilliantly done.
Alison x

Sue Lelli said...

Insomnia = FAB creations! All FAB but my FAV is the white and gold with the reindeer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...