Monday, October 19, 2015

Candy Corn Shaker




It's October which means Halloween is just around the corner. To make your cards extra special this year try making a fun shaker card from The Cutting Cafe. I used the Candy Corn Shaker Set to create this cute card for my daughter. 

Each section was filled with glass beads the color of candy corn.

For decoration I added a gingham bow with a sentiment from the set and a candy corn button which I found at the local dollar store. My daughter can pop the button off and add it her collection. Tim's distress inks-spiced marmalade and squeezed lemonade-provide some color. 

Easy peasy!

Have fun creating your shaker cards and if you need some instruction be sure to watch Regina's Watch Me Work Wednesday video here. Also, if you'd like to enter to win 3 FREE sets from The Cutting Cafe simply leave a comment on the design team post on the 21st. 

Have a great week, wherever you are!
Lisa xx

10 comments:

Regina Easter said...

that is stinkin cute my friend...love those glass beads..hugs

Sue Lelli said...

Super CUTE! LOVE the candy corn shaker and those beads!

Lisa Minckler said...

Is there only gingham in Tennessee? Just curious. Must be that Missouri is sold out, or we're banning it and I just haven't gotten the memo. I swear I've searched the state for it, but it's no where. Everything is burlap; which, don't get me wrong, is awesome, but seriously.... I had to leave the state and go to Illinois to get gingham ribbon!
I'm sorry, I've completely derailed here...your candy corn shaker card is flipping GORGEOUS and YUMMY and that gingham makes me happy from head to toe!
Awesome job my friend....
big hugs,
L2

Pia S said...

Aren't shaker cards fun?? Fun shape too, great for Halloween...

Angeline Choo said...

What a fun fun card!! Love the different shaker compartments with different colors! :)

Tina Goodwin said...

Beautiful! I love the beads.

Diane said...

Beautiful shaker and love, love the separate colors...fabulous shaker!!

Keri’s Kreativity said...

This is so cute! I love it!!

Words and Pictures said...

That's a really cute shaker... I only met candy corn for the first time last year when my brother asked me to bring some back for my niece and nephew - I happened to be in NYC at just the right time. I didn't even get to try any though - they wolfed the whole lot!!
Alison xx

Peanut said...

Oh what a fun project... a shaker Halloween ... a brilliant idea, Lisa!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...