Wednesday, September 23, 2015

In Black and White

{loved drawing pigtails on this girl}


Hello and Welcome!


I'm back to share some of the girls I sketched from Tamara LaPorte's Art, Heart and Healing E-Course last spring. I'm a newbie when it comes to drawing and recently shared my first mixed media girl, in color, from Tam's course. You can see Lucy here in case you missed the post. 

I love how Tam uses color in her mixed media and her whimsical creatures are fantastic. It's a free e-course for those who sign up to her newsletter and you'll find that there's a lot of drawing content in this course. If you don't need the healing part then follow Tam's recommendation and skip it. 

I took the course because it was 
1. Free 
2. I love her art 
3.She's an awesome teacher 
4. I wanted to learn how to draw whimsical creatures

You can visit her blog and click on the banner at the top right to join if you're interested.   
I highly recommend this free e-course!


I made notes on my page while Tam was instructing and refer to them when needed.  


I found it beneficial that she also teaches you how to draw different articles of clothing, shoes, styles of feet and hair. I'm telling you, there's a lot of art content in each video and it's all for FREE. 


In the 4th video Tam taught us how to draw an angel and I can't wait to share her with you next week. I have a sketch of the initial angel I drew plus another angel which I colored with some of Tam's favorite watercolor mixed media products. 


In the meantime, I hope you'll visit me on Friday when I introduce another "new to me" adventure right here on my blog. 

See ya then!
Lisa xx

3 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Sooo, is it free? LOL...OMG...this looks like so much fun and if you see the post I did about my craftroom, you'll notice two drawings on the wall that my daughter did when she was little and they look like Tam's whimsical works. I think you may have convinced me to join in the fun!
Your drawings are WONDERFUL L1. Thank you so much for the inspiration into a different area.
Big hugs to you,
L2
Going over there now....

Pia S said...

Sounds very interesting. I've made cards for some years now and I've still got so much to learn and there are so many untried techniques... As for now making my own drawings is something I feel is still far away, but it's definitely very inspiring to see your go at it.

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! Your drawings are so FAB and different from your usual! I wish I could create something like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...