Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My First Class with Finnabair



The Artifact Class with Finnabair


It's always exciting when you meet someone you admire for the first time. Well let me say that if you ever have the opportunity to take one of Finnabair's classes do it. She's an amazing teacher and inspires your personal style to shine!

Anna Dabrowska (aka Finnabair)

I attended The Artifact and Time Capsule classes at Donna Downey's Studio in Huntersville, North Carolina. So I not only met Anna but Donna and her husband Bill as well. The energy in that studio was phenomenal and I ended up signing up for two more events next year. ;) Guess I'm into live classes now!

So on to the first class which was The Artifact.
If you click the link you can see Finnabair's original on her blog.

Our classroom with all of us busy creating our collages. 


We created three 9x12 canvases using various products from Finn's mixed media line.



My finished project. :)

Mechanicals on display.


The texture is 3D and so it's fun to touch.

Prima Junkyard Findings were embedded into my favorite product of this class - 
this stuff is grand and the texture is amazing.

 
Mica flakes, micro beads and glass beads from Finn's Art Ingredients line.
Love these!!!

The lace peeking out makes me a happy girl. 

Who knew inexpensive brushes could look so good.

Left Canvas

Middle Canvas

 Right Canvas

 I used Finn's 12x12 Harlequin stencil and Modeling Paste on my background. 
Other elements were used as well to build up texture but I'm not giving any secrets away out of respect for her.  


After a day of creating masterpieces Finn gathered us for a group photo.
The Artifact Class with Finnabair
Saturday, July 18, 2015


Be back soon with my second project from the Time Capsule class.
Thanks for the visit!
 Lisa xx


11 comments:

Caroline D. said...

Your canvases are gorgeous! I also enjoyed seeing the other photos as well. Thanks for sharing them!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE your finished project and can't WAIT for my 4 classes with Finn next weekend! LOVE the paintbrushes and that graphite texture paste is YUMMY! Can't wait to see your next one!

Suman Pandit said...

love these canvases Lisa, looks like you had a lot of fun !! am learning long distance just looking at the pics and inspiration Finn shares on her blog and my experimentation, in case you get time have a look at this, would love to get some feedback, saw the post by Caroline too about this class !!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/2015/06/finnabair-inspired.html

Asia King said...

What can I say, my friend, your workshop pieces look stunning and it certainly shows you had so much fun during the class with Anna! xx

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm so relieved to hear that your family friend survived that horrible ordeal and will be keeping him in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Secondly...who are you looking at in that picture?? LOL....something shiny must have gotten your attention and lastly...OMG...they are GORGEOUS!!! You did such a jaw dropping job on these. I absolutely love looking at everyone's with them in the photo.
Was totally worth the wait, as I knew it would be.
Big hugs to you L1,
L2

Julia Aston said...

Ahhhh - LOVE it Lisa!! what a great class and your project is wonderful!! Julia xx

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh this is amazing! The textures and all those cool bits and pieces mixed in there---Wowza! I can only imagine how much fun you had doing this. Hope things go well for your friend. I'll add him to my list. Hugs!

Pia S said...

Woa, this looks pretty amazing! Would have loved to put these canvas pieces on my wall!

Tayla Naden said...

All that texture makes me giddy! This was the exact class I ALMOST signed up for earlier this year... It looks like I should have! Hopefully, she'll be back again next year.

Really beautiful work. Thank you for sharing. :)

Hoping your friend makes a speedy recovery!

Peanut said...

Oh my word!!! How amazing...the texture, the colours... there's sooo much going on here. Looks like you had a fabulous time in the company of these creative people. Hope you friend is on his way to a full recovery.
xxx Asha

Words and Pictures said...

I've been lucky enough to take a class with Finn - so I know how lovely and inspiring she is... and wow, what a creation you came away with! Stunning metallic shimmer and brilliant textural embellishing - it's simply fabulous, Lisa.

Do hope your friend Brian will make a swift and smooth recovery.
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...