Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Christmas Greetings



Hello and welcome!
Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner? It will be here before we know it and we want to help you get a jump start on your holiday card making but with a twist

I'm the hostess for the new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday - Non Traditional Christmas - and we're asking you to create Christmas paper projects using non traditional colors or images. I created my card using Snowman Winter Christmas from our sponsor, Zlatoena's Designs at Etsy with  my non traditional colors of pink and baby blue. I turned the snow "man" into a snow "lady" by adding a pink paper pieced hat and ice skates and using a MME dp for her scarf. :) 

Here's my TIP-
When using a border punch that produces a negative image, save the images to use as embellishments. This is a great way to recycle!

A few close ups...

I added diamond flower soft to the pom pom on her hat and Prismacolor pencils were used to color her nose, arms, legs, buttons and fringes on the scarf. Kaisercraft pearls were added to the centers of each snowflake.

To create my layered snowflake I die cut two La La Land snowflakes with vellum paper and another snowflake was die cut from a Taylored Expressions die with cream colored felt. The MS corner punch produced the large pink snowflake and I anchored my layers with a MME pearl brad. The sentiment is from the Holiday Greetings set by Verve Stamps and was die cut from a tag set by TE. The velvet ribbon was in my stash and I tend to use it very sparingly. ;)

I love working with non traditional colors and I hope you will too!






Prize is 2 free digi's of winner's choice.

A big thank you to our sponsor for supplying the DT with images to create with!



If you like to mass produce your holiday cards be sure to visit the TTT challenge blog because Deneen has some great tips for you. Also, check out our two guest designers and their fabulous projects using Zlatoena's images. So happy to have both of you with us for this challenge! As usual you'll want to visit my teamies too and see their inspiration as well. :)


Thanks for the visit, have a wonderful day!
Lisa xx





10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Love the image and the added embellishments, so pretty! xx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely image and colours. Elaine

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the snowflake die cut BG and all of your pretty snowflakes everywhere! Fab color choice, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute coloured that way, love the die and layout too! hugs me x

Pia S said...

The use of soft pastel colors definitely gives this image and design a childish feel! There's still plenty of Christmas feel to it in spite of the non traditional colors!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card, so sweet. Love the colour scheme too.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Jackie PN said...

love your non-traditional colors Lisa!! and he is snow cute! heehee xo

Margaret said...

Your snowman/woman is so sweet! The paper piecing is fantastic and I love the colors, and those adorable snowflakes!! Brilliant use of the negatives! Thanks so much for the reminder that Christmas is indeed on its way... Just the kick in the pants I need to get busy!

Hope all is well with you and the family! Hugs!!

Tracy said...

Your card is like a candy confection. :-) I love the pastels and especially the pink. I've used some of those negative pieces a time or two. That's a great tip. The layered snowflake is really cool. Great mix of textures together. Hugs!

Peanut said...

These soft pastels are simply amazing! A pretty alternative for Christmas, Lisa.
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...