Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Squirrel and The Fox #49

 
 
Nautical or Sea Life
 
That's our new challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox and I'm using a nautical image from our sponsor Oak Pond Creations. I did not add a sentiment because I'll save this one in my stash for the next time I need a masculine card. Hence, I kept it pretty CAS and chose to add a bit of drama with my embossed background, stamped text, and by adding dimension. I printed the image out twice and cut the anchor out and adhered it to the panel, next I cut from the second image the rope and conch shell. I paper pieced the rope after coloring it to add depth and popped the shell up on 3D foam dots. A ribbon banner was created with a Spellbinders banner die which I die cut twice to give me the length I needed for this card. The embossed background was highlighted with antique linen distress ink and pearls accent the corners.
 
 
Sponsor
 
 
Prize is 3 free digi stamps of winner's choice.
 
 
Hope you enjoy this challenge and for more inspiration please check out the DT creations by my teamies HERE or click their links on my right sidebar. Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx

6 comments:

Sandie said...

Lisa, I love that script beneath the anchor, it looks so nice and the layers. Enjoy your Sunday ...x

Oak Pond SC said...

Wonderful idea to fussy cut and give this card depth. I'm with you about Sentiments. That is the last thing I add to a card as well. You never know what occasion you might use it for, right? Beautiful design and coloring and I just love the embossing. Simply lovely! Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

Words and Pictures said...

Love the anchor image and the embossed background is very cool.
Alison x

Pia S said...

This is such a fantastic nautical design! With your choice of colors and design this card is perfect for a man. Great combination of colors and textures!

Peanut said...

So pretty, Lisa! Love the embossed background, image and your choice of colours. Very nautical, indeed and perfect for summer.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Margaret said...

I love the swirled background and the image is perfect for the theme! I love your fantastic card!

Sending hugs and hope you are doing ok!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...