Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jen's Sunshine

 
 
 
Hello everyone! So happy you came back today because I'm sharing this card for my Top Tip Tuesday teamie, Jennifer Scull, who's fighting breast cancer. You can learn more about Jen's journey on her blog at Just Coffee Please...& Stamps, & Ribbons & Paper. Her outlook on life is positive and she is definitely a fighter. However, the medical bills can be overwhelming and to help Jen and her husband with those expenses her teamies at Paper Makeup Stamps created a digi stamp set in her honor called Jen's Sunshine. This is a wonderful set with two images and three word art digis in jpeg & png files. The set was introduced on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog where you can preview all five images and if you fancy the set purchase here. All of the proceeds (100%) go to Jen to help with her medical bills and PMS is also sponsoring a blog hop today in her honor. I missed the sign up date but I did not want to miss the opportunity to let her know how much I support her, and women/men everywhere, in dealing with this disease. If you'd like to show your support too hop on over to Paper Makeup Stamps blog to join in the fun and leave Jen an encouraging message. You can also show your support by purchasing the digi set, Jen's Sunshine, and you'll not only be helping her out but you'll get five terrific digi's to play & create with. That's a win-win in my book!
 
Many thanks to Jenn Cochran of Party Time Tuesday's for organizing this blog hop and to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog for hosting the week long hop & creating a beautiful digital stamp set for all of us to play with. The community of crafters is a very special one indeed where we see the very best of humanity.  

For color inspiration I played along with the CR84FN61 Color Challenge and the wonderful combo of aqua, tan and cream. I love these colors and they were the perfect backdrop to showcase this wonderful word art digi from the set. I'm also playing along with the Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge-Ribbon & Bows & Paper Play Challenge-Sentiment as Main Image Focus. I had fun making this card for Jen and it will go off in the mail to her today. Hope she likes it!






Thanks for dropping by and let's remember to cherish every day because it truly is a gift.
Hugs,
Lisa



22 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Lisa - This is a beautiful card for a very special lady - made by a sweet friend!

My son and I lost my sweet husband to brain cancer 6 months ago and I always am so touched when I see people reaching out to help those with cancer. It is a very challenging road but the silver lining is all of the love and support that comes from those around you...I am so touched by your post, your card, and YES - each day, each moment is truly a gift!
:) Jill / Seattle, WA

Janny Jager said...

Great card Lisa and the words are so true.

Greetings Janny

Janette said...

Oh this is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Well what can I say L1? You're a classy, kind and wonderful lady who's made a sensationally gorgeous supportive card for yet another outstanding and classy lady too!
I'm loving the colors here...even though there's not a lick of pink on it..LOL..it speaks volumes and I think it's absolutely stunning!!
Hugs to you my friend,
L2

Jennifer Scull said...

I was first just blown away by the soft beautiful color and softness of this card. then the pretty elements starting catching my attention, from that gorgey lace trim to the delicate cross charm. you couldn't have made a more perfect card for the blog hop!!!

I am so happy you are a part, in your own way! thank you so very much for your love, friendship, and support!!! :)

hugs are coming your way!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love the wonderful sentiment and threaded lace, such a lovely detail.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and I just love this sentiment! Hugz

dawnmercedes said...

I like how you blew up the sentiment! this is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so elegant!! Precious design and I really adore that charm you've used!! So very sweet thoughts for Jen!! HUGS

Words and Pictures said...

What a beautiful post, Lisa, and what an amazing, considerate way to support Jen from Paper Makeup Stamps. Your card is just lovely - so delicate and pretty - I'm sure she will love it.
Alison xx

Jennifer said...

How wonderful of you to be giving Jen your love! Gorgeous card! I love the colour you chose and the lace and ribbon you've combined!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Wonderful framed sentiment and those blossoms are really beautiful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie Lisa! This is so Beautiful! Love the Wonderful sentiment and the Pretty crochet lace and Lovely cross charm!8-) So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Tracy said...

Your card is sweet as can be and I'm so glad you were able to make it in honor of Jen and the hop. She really is a sweetheart. :-) Hugs!

Unknown said...

that is such a beautiful sentiment and card - Its full of sweetness - so lovely, Lisa!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful card!

Quilltique Paradise said...

This card is soo beautiful~ I smply looove the light blue u used. and he quote is really inspiring.

*hugs*
M.
http://quilltiqueparadise.blogspot.com

Patrice said...

Lovely sentiment - I hope you'll link up again at 52 Car Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

Margaret said...

This is such a beautiful card and I love the sentiment! Such a special way to support and encourage her!

Jackie said...

This is such a fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing it and I am so glad that you still played along even if you missed the sign up date :)

Charlene Mitchell said...

Beautiful card - love the gorgeous blue!

Jeanne J. said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the blue and the pretty lace, and that sweet flower. Most of all I love the sentiment and how you let it really shine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...