Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Today is not my anniversary but yesterday, the 17th of May, was and we celebrated our 26th year of wedded bliss. I didn't want to post my card before our anniversary because my DH reads my blog so I'm sharing it today. There are no challenge colors on this card but I did follow the Mojo Monday Week 152 sketch, designed by Maria Gurnsey, which debuted August 16, 2010. This card is sans flowers, ribbon or girly embellishments which always makes me a little nervous. ;)

My card is 6x6 square with 6 different die cuts, a border punch and a lot of Kaisercraft pearls. I viewed the pearls as a way to dress up my card without making it feminine. The dp's are from MME's Union Square and die cuts were made using various Spellbinders. The 'Happy Anniversary' sentiment is from Verve's Love Story and the main stamped image by Just Rite added the flair I was looking for. The stamp is from the Fleur de Lis Labels Twenty set and was created to coordinate with Spellbinders Label Twenty dies. The small fleur de lis's are also from the same stamp set and I'd appreciate it if you did not notice they are a bit crooked. ;) The top swirl and bottom accent piece are from Samantha Walker's Twisted Metal Tags & Dies by Spellbinders and I created my border with a MS French Scroll border punch. A lot of paper & die cutting but otherwise a fairly simple card.

I'm happy to share that my DH loved it and heartily approved my use of pearls. :) I am entering this in the Make it Monday #89 challenge. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs,
Lisa

Supplies:
Stamps: Fleur de Lis Labels Twenty (Just Rite Stampers), Love Story (Verve Stamps)
Spellbinder Dies Used: Labels Twenty, Labels Eighteen, Fancy Tags, Twisted Metal Tags & Dies-Samantha Walker Collection

8 comments:

Sandie said...

Congratulations on 26 years of wedded bliss.....your card is gorgeous, and I love the very regal and elegant look. Hope you had a lovely anniversary Lisa.

Rene said...

This is beautiful! Love the pearls in the swirls! LOl!
Thank you so much for linking up at MIM this week and good luck!
Rene :D

Shannon White said...

Wowie! Is this Ever Fabulous! A Very Big Congrats on your 26th Wedding Anniversary Lisa!
8-) your Card is just so Lovely and Elegant! Love the wonderful color combo and all the Wonderful die cut layers too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

This is a very elegant card Lisa, I love the layered labels, and the monotone colors, a lovely card.

Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you both had a wonderful day together!

Just look at all of the layers on this card!! This is so fantastic and a true showing of love for your DH!

Lisa Minckler said...

OH my gosh, L1, what a super wife you are!! This just ooozes love n' gushy romantic stuff. I'm so happy for you both. Happy belated Anniversary chica. :)
Your work still blows my mind. Your blog is one of my happy places. ;)
Hugs,
L2

Mona Pendleton said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Lisa! Your card is beautiful! Hope you had a special celebration!

~Tammy~ said...

First, Happy Anniversary, 2nd, I think it's pretty darn cool your DH reads your blog, and 3rd, he approved the pearls.! He's a keeper!

Your card is gorgeous and I love your design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...