Tuesday, April 17, 2012

She Lived a Happy Life




Hi there, I'm back today to share a mixed media project with all of you. By now you know I am a huge fan of Christy Tomlinson and She Art, what you might not know is that she owns an online store that carries products for mixed media artists and monthly kits. I decided to give the mixed media kit a go last month and it featured products from her new She Art line by Pink Paislee. Here's a link to her online store, Scarlet Lime, and you can view her working with this kit on You Tube. Just type in her name, look for March Mixed Media Kit and have fun.





I created my canvas using dp's from the 6x6 Petite Paper Pack and the Paper Dolls Bits & Pieces which were part of the kit. The rest is from my stash and I loved creating this 8x8 She Art scene. Next time I think I'll work on two canvases in tandem so I can shift gears and create one "light" and the other "dark." I'm partial to black shading for some reason but I really want to lighten things up a bit so maybe next time, lol. If you've never given mixed media a try I encourage you to do so because there are no errors, just cover-ups. ;) I plan on entering this in the Make It Monday Challenge and I hope you'll check out the wealth of inspiration there!








Thanks for stopping by and a big welcome to my newest follower, Michelle. I also appreciate all of the kind comments and emails that everyone sent my way concerning our son leaving for basic training last Sunday. He arrived in Oklahoma on Monday and we are all looking forward to his graduation in late June, especially his mom. :-) Have a great week and I'll be back with some challenge entries, my pansy project, and more mixed media.
Hugs,
Lisa

15 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Visiting your blog is like watching my favorite TV program and it leaves me hanging and I can't wait for the next episode!!! This post is jam packed with amazing ideas and a fantastic creation! You are really opening my eyes up to a whole new genre of creativity. I especially like the 'no errors, just cover-ups' idea.
Wonderful creativity here, L1 and I love the bike and the key on the door and all the vibrant fun colors.
Kudos to you :)
Hugs,
L2

Lucia said...

This is one amazing project Lisa! I'm loving it, absolutely everything about it! And i have to admit that it makes me want to create one like that!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa... This is absolutely amazing!!

Margaret said...

I'm just sitting here with my mouth open trying to figure out what I want to say!! I know it sounds lame, but looking at this just really makes me feel happy! Love the bicycle and the fantastic flowers! Your skills are amazing!

Sandie said...

Lisa, your 'she art' is gorgeous. I have admired these canvas works of art for some time, but never really knew much about their background! Now I do, thanks to you. I'm off to follow the links and view some more...

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous mixed media project Lisa! Great job showcasing the fabulous Pink Paislee She Art product! Thanks for the inspiration!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous canvas art! Lovely colors and images.

Chrissy said...

This is just wonderful Lisa, such bright happy beautiful colours, love the scene..gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

joolsedesigns said...

Beautiful creations Lisa.

Joolse xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Your beautiful project caught my eye on MIM ;). Lovely mixed media canvas and gorgeous bright colours! Hugs, Asia #228 xx

Ps. Please come and join my 2nd Blogaversary candy ;-). Hope to see you there and good luck!

Maggie Armstrong said...

Hi Lisa! You have excelled with this piece. It's just fabulous! I hope to see more of your mixedmedia as you clearly have a knack for it.

Sandie said...

Lisa, thank you for calling into my blog and sending congratulations on the birth of my new Grandson .. so sweet of you! xx

~Tammy~ said...

This is gorgeous! Wow! You are a natural at MM.

Thank you also for your kind words. They touched me and I appreciate them so!

Unknown said...

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has left a comment. You guys inspire me so you have no idea how much your kind words mean.
Big Hugs,
Lisa

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, I am in AWE of your talent! I wouldn't even know where to begin to make something this PRETTY! Absolutely LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...