Monday, February 13, 2012

VLV Feb Sketch Week 2, Sankari Style!



Remember me? I'm back and happy to be here today to share a card I made for the current VLV Sketch Challenge. For my regular visitors please let me apologize for being away so long, two weeks is a long time in the blogosphere ;), and explain. I've been logging time at the hospital due to a family member's recent illness. All is well now and I'm sorry to leave you hanging like that. As my title indicates I'm here with a sketch and heavily inspired card by the lovely and talented Sankari Wegman, who happens to be one of my fave Verve Diva's. If you click the link you'll see that I not only love her sketch but I CASE'd her use of "hearts" on this card. I've long admired her work and this CASE is my way of letting her know that she inspires me in so many ways.

I used MME 'Love Me Do' dp's and a stamp from Verve's newly released Twitterpated set. The hearts were fussy cut from the 'Heart of the Matter' dp and the edges inked in black as well as the hand cut flags. I chose two sizes of black buttons and red burlap string to finish them off. The heart in the upper right corner is a die cut from Verve's Wavy Hearts die set (also a new release) and a black gel pen created the stitches while I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut banner by The Cat's Pajamas.

Thanks for stopping by today and with more Valentine cards to make it just might be a double post day,  who knows. Have an awesome day wherever you are!
~Lisa

Stamps: Twitterpated (Verve)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Love Me Do (MME)
Accessories: Wavy Hearts Die  (Verve); Easy Rosette 017-banner die (TCP); red burlap string & black silk ribbon (May Arts); black gingham ribbon (Offray); buttons (Buttons Galore); red rhinestone heart (PS)

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

I hope that my immediate response indicates the happiness I have to see you back in blogland. I am sorry to hear of the hospital visits of late, but glad that someone is on the mend.
As for this card, What? WOW!! What??? WOW!!!! CASEd or not, this is fantastic and I love whatever it is she is doing to inspire you. Just lovely and so happy to have you back.
Hugs to you L1,
L2

Margaret said...

Glad to hear that all is well again and did miss seeing you (or at least your creations, since I don't really 'see' you!)!!
I love all of the 'stitched' DP hearts on this and the gingham ribbon is great! Looking forward to seeing more lovely creations from you soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...