Monday, January 16, 2012

Wedding Wishes



Hi everyone! I'm poppin' in to share my card for The Play Date Cafe Challenge #114 and for VLV's Week 1 Sketch Challenge over at SCS. This week we are playing with the main colors of burgundy, gold and plum and I love the richness they bring to this card. I had a hard time finding dp's with the required colors but I stumbled upon some MME's papers which I've had for awhile and it was nice to find a good use for them. It wasn't until I had this card 85% completed that I realized Andrea Ewen actually used two of the same dp's that I did. I decided to press forward and all I can say is great minds think alike, lol. Here's our color inspiration for this week and you can also check out Amber's fabulous sketch which my card is based on. 




This card was a lot of fun to make and it is going to a very special young man who is marrying soon, obviously. He is my dh's second cousin and was the ring bearer in our wedding, nearly 26 years ago. Yes, I do feel old but so very happy that he has found love with that someone special. The inside is stamped with another sentiment from Love Story by Verve which says, "Wishing you a lifetime of happiness" and we do. I pray you'll be as happy as we have been and that your love grows stronger every day, Brent & Monica.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
~Lisa

Stamps: Love Story & Tag Time (Verve)
Ink: Versa Color Burgundy & Boysenberry, gold (unknown)
Paper: So Sophie Graceful Collection (MME); French Vanilla cs (Bazzill); burgundy & plum cs
Accessories: Lovely Marquee Die & TinySweet Scallop Die Set (Verve); Spellbinders Cl. Standard Circles Lg.; gold rose (Prima); plum ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Copic's; rhinestones (Kaisercraft)

5 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

L1,
Your card is just dashing! I really love that color combination for a wedding congrats. How awesome to be giving this card to someone who has seen you and your hubby through your wonderful marriage. That's just incredibly special. :)
Always love your inspirational work!!!
hugs to you,
L2

Lisa Minckler said...

Lisa,
Thank you so much for your copic message you left. No, I've never taken classes, but I did do a lot of color by number pictures growing up. That must have helped. :D
Thanks for the nice pat on the back...it was so nice to hear.
hugs,
Missouri

Margaret said...

I love the regal colors on this card! The pattern in the DP is perfect for a wedding and the little gold rose is beautiful with that bow!

Stacy said...

What a pretty wedding card, looks fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Lovely job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...