Tuesday, December 20, 2011

September



Hope everyone is having a good week so far! I'm back today to share with you my September calendar which features our first born. As I shared recently he enlisted in the U. S. Army and ships next spring for basic training. When I ran across these pictures I knew they'd work perfectly here and perhaps they were a sign of things to come, lol.




I used a U. S. Army Scrapbook Kit by Creative Imaginations and TE's Mini-Dated Calendar to pull this calendar together. There's definitely no frills (except a few liquid pearls) on this page and not a stamp in sight. He was seven in these pictures and it's hard to believe that this time next year he'll be far from home. Ok, I could get a little weepy here so I'll move along.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
~Lisa

Ink: Memento's Tuxedo Black
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE), dp's from scrapbook kit
Accessories: Mini-Dated 2012 Calendar Download (Taylored Expressions); Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhhh Lisa,
You know this pulls at my heartstrings! What a wonderful page. I'm not biased because I'm a Virgo too, lol...just that it honors your son in the military. Who knows, maybe your son and my hubby will end up some place together and we can flank them both with paper creations!!! :D
Hugs to you Lisa,
Stay strong and my thoughts and prayers will go out for you all....
Lisa too

Margaret said...

I tried posting earlier and it showed an error, so here is attempt #2...
This is such a touching page and so appropriate! Your son looks so sweet in his fatigues! We will keep him and you in our prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...