Wednesday, December 14, 2011

March and November Calendars

Hello and welcome! I'm sharing two more altered calendars today, March and November. This is an ongoing project and I have five more months to go and I'll have my calendar/scrapbook project wrapped up. Both of these months share a holiday (everyone does celebrate St. Patty's Day, right?) and for me St. Patrick's is all about fun while Thanksgiving takes a more serious and elegant tone. Here's my March calendar...




and the deets. I used cardstock as my base and printed out the March 2012 Mini-Dated Calendar Download from Taylored Expressions onto Choice Snow White paper. I die cut it, along with an Origins dp by BG, with a Spellbinders Labels One. Black stitched ribbon from TE makes a nice divider and an Irish Blessing, from Verve's Blessings set, was stamped onto more dp from my Origins paper pad. I love Taylor's Wreath of Luck set and used nearly every image in this cute set. The wreath was die cut from the coordinating Seasonal Wreath die and I colored it with Copics and used Lime Green Stickles to add a little festive fun. Cute, simple and a little nod to the Irish that both the dh and I share in our family backgrounds. Now for November...




and the deets. As you can see there's not a stamp in sight on this one. I used chip letters from Classic K Bailey Chipboard Alphabet and Tim Coffey Fall Adhesive Borders by K & Co. to embellish this calendar. The background dp is from the Laced with Grace paper pad by Glitz and a trio of split pea rhinestones by Kaisercraft and a little crochet trim complete this one. I did pop the pumpkin up on foam dots for a little dimension and the calendar was made in my Microsoft Word program.

That's all for today, I'm off to take my Dad for a CT so no time to check for spelling errors. If you find some please overlook and thanks for stopping by, it means so much. A big welcome to Julie who is a new follower and I have long enjoyed her blog so be sure to pay her a visit and leave a fabby comment.

Have fun today and make it count!
~Lisa

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

2 wonderful months!! The hubby in March and the daughter in November and they're both gorgeous!!
I'm so glad to be back and in blog land again. I finished all my shopping in one day, wrapped them the next, gift card holders made the third day and cards sent out today...I'm done!!! It wasn't too painful at all and I just have to bake a few desserts and look forward to procrastinating next year. LOL.
Just so happy I got to spend a few minutes with a cup of hot coffee and your wonderful inspiration. :)
Hugs to you Lisa
L2

Margaret said...

Love these! November is so warm & welcoming and March is so bright and cheerful! I am really enjoying your calendar pages! I only have 3 days to finish my desktop calendar for my MIL and I'm loving the inspiration you are giving me!! Now I just have to find the time to sit uninterrupted to work on it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...