Thursday, November 17, 2011

January Calendar & To-Do List Organizer



Hi there and welcome! I'm sharing the first month of my 2012 calendar/scrapbook album and I have a bonus for you. I made a To-Do List which helps me during the Christmas season and I hope it will be useful to you. 

My January calendar doesn't feature scrapbooking because I opted for a larger calendar this month and you only have so much room on a 6x6 page. I couldn't resist this Pure Innocence stamp and it was great to "dress" her using the technique you'll find on the My Favorite Things blog. The calendar can be made through Microsoft's Word program or you can download one from various companies. I stamped the month on a die cut oval and traced the outer lines of the die on cardstock to back the stamped image. Liquid pearls, rhinestones, and a few snowflakes finish it off!




As for my second project, I am drawing inspiration again from TE's 12 Days of Christmas with this project. However my booklet is a handy To-Do List that features the Santa List Download available from Taylored Expressions. I trimmed the lists with my paper cutter and used book board to make the front & back covers which I decorated with Christmas dp's, a paper rose and brad. The sentiment was stamped on a die cut and Santa's coat was highlighted with a red glitter pen which you may not be able to see in the photo, sorry. A Cinch binding machine brings this project together with ease and I chose to use the colored images from the download which I've shown below. There are four images with two colored and two outlined so you can personalize. NOTE: Use a heavy duty paper cutter to cut the book/chipboard because a regular paper cutter will NOT cut through this material. Also you might find this video from Day 9 of TE's 12 Days of a Handcrafted Christmas helpful. Here's a photo of Santa and his elf from the Santa List Download.


  

That's all for today and I hope your creativity is sparked in some way. Need to save some money??? If you sign up to receive email from Hobby Lobby they will send you their weekly ad with a coupon. The coupon varies but quite often they offer 40% off and it is offered frequently from now through Christmas. ;) Who doesn't like to save some money? A few items are restricted like Cricut products, Copics and a few more I'm not sure of but everything else you can save some moolah on. JoAnn Crafts also offers coupons for signing up for email but they bar code their coupons and they can only be used once where Hobby allows you one coupon per day per customer during the weekly sale, how awesome is that? Hope this tip helps out! As for JoAnn, it doesn't cost anything to sign up and a coupon is a coupon, right?
~Lisa

Calendar Supplies:
Stamps: Calendar Borders & Centers (Just Rite Stampers), Pure Innocence-Snow Day (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Color-Boysenberry
Paper: Little Girl Collection (Echo Park), Sweet Seasons (Webster's Pages), cardstock
Accessories: calendar (Microsoft Word); Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large; Small Snowflake punch ( Marvy Uchida); Medium Snowflake punch (Emagination); lilac ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white liquid applique (Marvy Uchida), purple rhinestones

To-Do Lisa Supplies:
Stamps: Keeping Tabs  & Take Note Holidays (Taylored Expressions),
Ink: ColorBox Chalk Warm Red, Antique Linen (T!m Holtz)
Paper: Botanical Christmas (Webster's Pages), Jovial (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Cinch binding machine, .75" gold binding wire, book board & wire cutters (We R Memory Keepers); Charming Oval Die (Verve); red velvet ribbon (TE store); T!m Holtz Micro Serrated Scissors
(T!m Holtz for Tonic Studios); atyou Spica 03 Red Glitter pen; Jovial glazed brad (BG); paper rose (Recollections); red pearls (Kaisercraft)

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh a woman after my own heart! I love organizing anything and this is wonderful. :) What a great amount of work you've put into these Lisa and it truly shows. Love that little vintage girl on your organizer and the calendar is completely WONDERFUL!!
Love those coupons from Hobby Lobby too! Man, do they ever save me some money.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Margaret said...

Your calendar is gorgeous and inspired me to make one for my MIL for Christmas! The to-do list is so sweet that I may actually want to do the things on my list!! Beautiful projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...