Friday, October 7, 2011

Viva la Verve Week 1

Hello again! I am playing along in VLV's monthly sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, and my card today is based on the talented Amber Hight's sketch. October will be a busy month with a total of five sketches but that should keep me on track since we're celebrating four birthday's this month. :-) 
Here's my card...




and here is the awesome sketch which can be rotated or flipped based on your interpretation.




One of my favorite things about this sketch is everything from how the DP makes a statement to the versatility of this sketch. You can dress it up or down depending on the mood you're in or the card's purpose. This one is going in the mail to my MIL who will celebrate a birthday soon and even though I am tempted to keep it, I'll refrain. I just love this paper and you'll definitely be seeing more of this company's paper on my cards.

A quick note of thanks to those who have left comments here on my "new" blog and over at SCS's as well. Your kind words mean so much and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Have a great weekend,
Lisa

Stamps: Big Wish (Verve)
Ink: Old Rose (Versa Color-Tsukineko), Victorian Velvet Distress Ink (T!m Holtz)
Paper: Uncommon (Authentique), Choice Snow White (TE store), gray cardstock
Accessories: Lacey Squares (Spellbinders); Double Loops punch (MS); scroll chipboard (Maya Road); seam binding (Prairie Bird Boutique); paper rose (Recollections); rhinestones (PS)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...