Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brrrr....It's Cold Outside!



Can you believe that Christmas is two months from today? I could literally "freak out" right now but instead I'll take a deep breath and try to accomplish something every day. All of my dreams of a highly organized holiday season somehow always goes awry......surely it couldn't have anything to do with procrastination on my part, hehehe???

Today's card features the cutest little snowman on a snowy hill with stardust stickles for snowflakes and a purple variegated tree. The stamps are from the Holiday Wonder set by Taylored Expressions and the DP is Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather. I am contemplating stamping the snowman again and popping up on 3D dots for some dimension, what do you think? Should mention I used Copic markers and forgot to record the colors before cleaning up, shame on me.  :(

I mentioned last week that I wanted to make a girlie card with texture and layers and I am working on one for Taylor's current sketch challenge. I have a few other things up my sleeve and I've had some requests and will try to address those soon, please bear with me. We just moved my Dad from Texas to Tennessee to live with us for the next several months while he recuperates so time is limited. If there is something you'd like to see (i.e. better photos, definitions of acronyms used here on this blog, etc.) just leave a comment and I'll address it, promise. Also, to all of you who are visiting from overseas a hearty welcome to each of you. I love seeing all the foreign traffic and feel free to join so I can visit your blog as well. :-)

Have a wonderful day!
~Lisa

Stamps: Holiday Wonder (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Mitten Weather (Cosmo Cricket), cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Classic Scalloped Rectangles Lg. & Classic Rectangles Lg. (Spellbinders); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); snowflake brad buddies (HOTP); glitter snowflake brads (PS); purple ribbon from my stash; Stardust, Purple & Starry Night Stickles (Ranger); White Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); Copic Markers; Swiss Dots embossing folder (C'bug)

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

This snowman is wonderful. Beautifully cased in rich DP and gorgeous sparkly accents. You just keep rolling out the most amazing cards.
As for popping out the snowman, I would say yes, but the hill is already decorated so nicely. If you are going for more depth, then I would only suggest, popping out the 3 snowflakes at the bottom and equally the depth from the top snowflake. Hope that makes sense..lol.
Hope you're having a great week.
Lisa xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...