Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Be Merry & Bright

Hi there! I'm sharing a card and altered project with you today that I made this past weekend. Altoids makes some curiously strong mints and my hubby favors the wintergreen while I am partial to peppermint. After we have devoured the goodies I save the tins to alter because they are the perfect size for a gift card. At Christmas we give a lot of restaurant gift cards to our "have everything" parents. Can you relate?

Here's how the tins looked in their original state (minus the marked-up one *wink*)




and here's the teal tin (show ya the red one tomorrow) which holds the wintergreen mints and a matching card I made for the recipient. I love to recycle so this project makes me happy!




My inspiration came from Taylor Van Bruggen, of Taylored Expressions, who hosted "12 Days of Christmas" in October of 2010. She offered gift-giving suggestions for twelve consecutive days  and posted videos on each day which made it a  breeze to make a hand-crafted Christmas. I used several of her ideas and plan to go back and make more this year so hope you'll check out her blog posts to see more inspiring projects. The link should pull up Day 12 and just scroll down to view the rest, you'll see this project on Day 10, and so much more. The Web Passwords book is fantastic and I use mine nearly every day, which reminds me that my patient daughter asked for one a long time ago...guess what I'll be making soon. Speaking of the "precious" I am remiss for not sharing sooner that she won Taylor's Sketch Challenge this month with this uber-creative card, and yes I ran screaming with joy throughout the house. :D

Congratulations Sara, we are so proud of you!!!

Have an awesome day and I'll be back with "my" altered tin and card tomorrow.
~Lisa

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Wings of Joy (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Birdie Border DP (Jolly by Golly/Cosmo Cricket), Polka Dot DP (Tinsel & Twig/the Girls Paperie), Loops Punched DP (The Thrift Shop/October Afternoon), Choice Buttercream (TE store); red cardstock
Ink: Cardinal (Versa Color/Tsukineko)
Accessories: Labels Ten (Spellbinders); Loops punch (MS); bliss and red pearls (Kaisercraft)

Altered Tin Supplies:
Stamps: Sparkle & Cheer (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Season's Greetings by Lori Whitlock (Echo Park), Choice Buttercream (TE store), red cardstock
Ink: Cardinal (Versa Color/Tsukineko)
Accessories: Labels Nine and Standard Circles Lg. (Spellbinders); red pearls (Kaisercraft); Adirondack Dimensional Pearls-Stream (Ranger); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); red grosgrain ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

Lisa,
Super-uber fantastic. I'm a nut for recycling and since I can more than relate to "have all" family, this is a FANTASTIC idea. :D
So complete with the card too!!
Now, I'm really getting in the Christmas spirit of things.
Lisa xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...